Called for price estimate to replace a keyboard on my Macbook Pro. Guy answered and ran me through a info collecting format, ignoring my comments and questions. He was like connecting to a machine, not wavering from the script. His estimate was this, and I quote: "bring it in for a free diagnostic (not free since it cost me time and money); there's a $129 minimum fee. They provide the parts."

I complained and he said he agreed with me but there was nothing more he could tell me. When I asked to speak to a manager he said none are available and he offered no further help, despite me saying i would go elsewhere unless I could get an estimate.

I called Portland Mac repair and spoke to owner Ben. He was very nice and helpful and gave me estimate of around $100 and I su-pply the parts. I'm taking it to him.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. This person stated that there is a room for improvement of pricing or customer service. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss "would not give me an estimate for known problem without bringing it in and would not let me speak to manager. that's bad business." of macbook pro repair. Nerds On Call needs to "all i want is a free ballpark estimate over the phone for a replacement of keyboard on my macbook pro5.2 unibody. takes an a1297 keyboard" according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned macbook pro repair in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Nerds On Call.

Comments

Sault Sainte Marie, Michigan, United States #958511

Too bad you don't live near me. I do them for ~$35 and my work is top-notch!

$129 = LOL. Computers are so cheap and disposable now that it makes it hard to charge higher prices like that and get a customer to bit the bullet and order the repair. If I charged $129 to replace a keyboard then people with cheap (e.g.

$300) laptops would likely just get a new computer. I don't want that; I want them to let me fix it so they can continue to use their computer and so I get another job.

Portland, Oregon, United States #958114

Dude, keyboards don't just go bad. There could be more wrong than just a keyboard.

I'll bet you $100 that that other place low balled you to get you in only to hit you up for more $ when it's too late to turn back. Sucker born every minute.

to Portland Mac repair #958512

Keyboards do just go bad. I've replaced dead keyboards on laptops before.

Source: am a computer tech